A Dealer 2 has to be competent and floor-experienced in Blackjack at a licensed casino.
Dealer 2 staff must meet or surpass the required standard in all key areas of their performance (Technical Ability, Adherence to Procedures, Guest Service and Attitude) on the game of Blackjack.
Ensure that all gaming operations are carried out to the highest standard of efficiency, security and customer service in accordance with the Global Casino Operations (GCO) Manual.
Primary Job Functions
1. Assist in any duties of a safety nature as requested by Ship’s Command, i.e. safety drills; port manning or gangway duties.
2. Possess a sound working knowledge of the GCO Gaming Manual.
3. Deal all games to correct gaming procedures as laid down in the GCO Gaming Manual.
4. Deal games in a non-intimidating, friendly and professional manner.
5. Dealer 2 staff must be able to deal Blackjack with minimum supervision to all levels of patrons on any vessel, without making errors, both in terms of payouts and procedures.
6. Work cohesively as a team with Casino Management and Supervisors, as well as work independently with little supervision.
7. Keep Supervisors informed by means of clear commentary on all operations and transactions.
8. Liaise and co-operate with colleagues whilst dealing to ensure smoothness and efficiency when running the gaming tables.
9. Report any discrepancies or incidents of a doubtful nature to the Casino Manager.
10. Refer any dispute or argument concerning a Guest to the immediate Supervisor.
11. Perform revenue counts as instructed by Casino management, i.e. soft count; stacker and / or coin counts.
12. Participate in day to day operational needs as deemed necessary by the Casino Management.
1. Assist the Casino Host with any promotional activity when necessary, i.e. tournaments.
2. Attend Casino Staff meetings as required.
3. Transfer to other vessels within Carnival Corporation, when deemed necessary by members of the Casino Executive Office.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the Casino Operation.
Grow your Career
We’re the biggest casino operator on cruise ships and we’re growing rapidly. We usually put, on average, 3 new ships in the water each year, and that means the team is constantly getting bigger. More positions, more responsibilities and countless opportunities for anyone that’s ready.
FOREWARNED, BEST PREPARED!
Cruise Ship Staff Accommodations & Working Conditions
- You will work 7-days a week onboard for approximately 8 hours per day.
- There will be shifts or full days off on a rotation basis with all other casino staff, in general you should expect a day off every few weeks.
- When the ship is in port, many crew members take the opportunity to go ashore to tour, shop, dine, call home, etc.