Casino Technician 2Apply
The Technician 2 has relevant industry experience and has a full understanding, technical knowledge and practice in the Casino technical field. The Technician 2 is responsible for installing, upgrading, converting, servicing, adjusting and repairing slot machines. Applies electrical theory and related knowledge to test, repair and maintain the slot machines and related gaming equipment, in addition to responding to floor calls while on duty.
Assists the Slot Manager in the smooth running of the technical side of the Casino operation, both with the slot machines and all other Casino related equipment under the control of the Slot Manager.
Primary Job Functions
1. Assist in any duties of a safety nature as requested by Ship’s Command, i.e. safety drills; port manning or gangway duties.
2. Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and security of all slot and video arcade machines, Hybrid games and electronic gaming tables, funds contained therein and their associated systems.
3. Expected to provide the same degree of service maintenance for supplementary Casino equipment, including but not limited to:
- Bill / Coin counting machines
- Casino signs and related products
- Change machines and bill accepting devices
- Any currency handling accessories, i.e. currency counters, change dispensers, etc.
- Caribbean Stud Poker tables and related ancillary equipment
- Gaming tables generally
- Arcade machines, ATMs / cash dispensers and Cage equipment
4.Gather analytical data from gaming machines as instructed by the Casino Executive Office.
5. Set-up, collect and carry out coin drop counts in accordance with established Global Casino Operations (GCO) procedures per shipboard schedule.
6. Assist in all hand paid jackpots, hopper fills and change machine fills according to GCO policies and procedures.
7. Assist in the collection of machine bill stackers during slot revenue counts.
8. Maintain an understanding and promote the Ocean Players Club and features offered by the player tracking system.
9. Assist with all slot department configurations, conversions, installations as needed, working on port days where scheduling has been deemed necessary.
10. Actively assist in slot related promotions.
11. Provide a high level of guest service.
12. Refer any disputes or arguments concerning a guest to the Casino Manager and / or Slot Manager.
13. Perform assigned duties during dry / wet docks as instructed by the Casino Executive Office.
14. Constantly observe and monitor the slot operation to spot and prevent customer theft and / or employee embezzlement.
15. Assist in special projects when requested by the Casino Executive Office.
16. Provide assistance to Casino management when difficulties arise in securing Casino doors, gates, grills and Cashier banks (drawers, cupboards and shelves).
1. Assist in the repair and maintenance of the following equipment:
- Tables and ancillary equipment
- Casino intercom systems
- Computer related products (when no Computer/I.S. Officer is available)
2. Install all Casino safes, perma-vaults, key files etc.
3. Attend Casino Staff meetings as required.
4. Transfer to other vessels within Carnival Corporation, when deemed necessary by members of the Casino Executive Office.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the Casino Operation.
Grow your Career
We’re the biggest casino operator on cruise ships and we’re growing rapidly. We usually put, on average, 3 new ships in the water each year, and that means the team is constantly getting bigger. More positions, more responsibilities and countless opportunities for anyone that’s ready.
FOREWARNED, BEST PREPARED!
Cruise Ship Staff Accommodations & Working Conditions
- You will work 7-days a week onboard for approximately 8 hours per day.
- There will be shifts or full days off on a rotation basis with all other casino staff, in general you should expect a day off every few weeks.
- When the ship is in port, many crew members take the opportunity to go ashore to tour, shop, dine, call home, etc.