Casino Host 2Apply
The Casino Host 2 will be knowledgeable in Casino loyalty programs and have experience in promoting these programs to guests. The Casino Host 2 will be competent in building relationships with guests, and acquiring new players to strengthen the customer database at a licensed casino.
The Casino Host will host casino events and tournaments for guests of all levels of play, as well as provide services / comps with the aim of conversion to regular and loyal casino guests.
The Casino Host assumes responsibility and accountability for all marketing and promotional activities of the Casino, including the overall operation of the Ocean Players Club. Related tasks must always be executed with the highest standards of customer service and efficiency and in accordance with Global Casino Operations (GCO) requirements.
Primary Job Functions
1. Assist in any duties of a safety nature as requested by Ship’s Command, i.e. safety drills; port manning or gangway duties.
2. Provide excellent service to Guests that will encourage them to spend a major part of their time in the Casino.
3. Ensure that all Guests’ needs are attended to promptly and efficiently, maintaining the highest service standards at all times.
4. Responsible for the running, presentation and overall effectiveness of all promotional events such as tournaments, gaming lessons etc.
5. Review with management the cost-effectiveness of promotions and /or tournaments.
6. Be fully aware of the current situation regarding tournament revenues relative to what has been budgeted.
7. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Ocean Players Club and the marketing aspects of Debit Gaming (where applicable), specifically where the player monitoring system is concerned.
8. Assist with publicity and advertising of the Casino while maintaining current and appropriate notice boards and signage.
9. Sustain a thorough index / knowledge of the Casino Operation and all other onboard activities in so far as to be able to assist Guests with any questions.
10. Promote the Casino Operation through regular positive contacts and communications with Guests as a whole; and on an individual basis.
11. Respond to communications and requests from the Executive Office and / or Guests in a timely manner.
12. Attempt to resolve any Guest disputes in a diplomatic and professional manner and refer any unresolved matters to Casino management.
13. Assist with major jackpot wins from a promotional perspective.
14. Assist in the identification and training of future hosts.
15. Communicate and co-ordinate the assistance of other departments as required i.e. Cruise Director.
16. Work cohesively as a team with Casino Management and staff, as well as working independently with little or no supervision.
17. Participate in day to day operational needs as deemed necessary by the Casino Management.
1. Attend Casino Staff meetings as required.
2. Transfer to other vessels within Carnival Corporation, when deemed necessary by members of the Casino Executive Office.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the Casino Operation.
Grow your Career
We’re the biggest casino operator on cruise ships and we’re growing rapidly. We usually put, on average, 3 new ships in the water each year, and that means the team is constantly getting bigger. More positions, more responsibilities and countless opportunities for anyone that’s ready.
FOREWARNED, BEST PREPARED!
Cruise Ship Staff Accommodations & Working Conditions
- You will work 7-days a week onboard for approximately 8 hours per day.
- There will be shifts or full days off on a rotation basis with all other casino staff, in general you should expect a day off every few weeks.
- When the ship is in port, many crew members take the opportunity to go ashore to tour, shop, dine, call home, etc.