A Cashier 2 has to be competent and experienced in Cage operations and accounting fundamentals by working in a licensed Casino or as a teller at a reputable Bank.
The Cashier 2 will have demonstrated technical skill and knowledge in completing transactions with accuracy as well as an ability to balance the bank to imprest values.
The Cashier 2 is still accumulating knowledge in the accounting operation, and already confidently handles chips, cash, coins, checks, credit and/or other monetary notes while keeping an accurate record of all transactions while interacting with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
Ensure that all accounting operations are carried out to the highest standard of efficiency, security and customer service in accordance with the Global Casino Operations (GCO) Manual.
1. Assist in any duties of a safety nature as requested by Ship’s Command, i.e. safety drills; port manning or gangway duties.
2. Have a sound working knowledge of all GCO security and accounting forms, policies and procedures, relating to the position.
3. Safeguard company assets by assuming responsibility for the bank assigned them; ensuring that its contents are secured per procedure.
4. Efficiently handle all cash, chip, token, marker and / or onboard accounts transactions by following the correct procedures laid down in the Accounting section of the GCO Operations Manual.
5. Possess the ability to balance the bank, while demonstrating a high level of organization and neatness, in addition to accuracy and velocity.
6. Handle all transactions with Guests in a friendly and professional manner, whilst providing information relating to Casino services, products and activities.
7. Liaise and co-operate with Cage Manager and colleagues to ensure smoothness and efficiency in the running of the Cage Operation.
8. Report any discrepancies or incidents of a doubtful nature to the Casino Manager.
9. Refer any dispute or claim concerning a Guest to the Cage Manager or Manager on duty.
10. Perform revenue counts as instructed by Casino management, i.e. soft count, stacker and / or coin counts.
11. Ensure that any lost and found articles / property are properly logged; and delivered to the Pursers Desk / Front Office as per current procedure.
12. Assist and support new Cashiers with day to day transactions and bank balancing.
13. Participate in day to day operational needs as deemed necessary by the Casino Management.
1. Attend Casino Staff meetings as required.
2. Transfer to other vessels within Carnival Corporation, when deemed necessary by members of the Casino Executive Office.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the Casino Operation.
Grow your Career
We’re the biggest casino operator on cruise ships and we’re growing rapidly. We usually put, on average, 3 new ships in the water each year, and that means the team is constantly getting bigger. More positions, more responsibilities and countless opportunities for anyone that’s ready.
FOREWARNED, BEST PREPARED!
Cruise Ship Staff Accommodations & Working Conditions
- You will work 7-days a week onboard for approximately 8 hours per day.
- There will be shifts or full days off on a rotation basis with all other casino staff, in general you should expect a day off every few weeks.
- When the ship is in port, many crew members take the opportunity to go ashore to tour, shop, dine, call home, etc.