Pay attention, scammers will try many methods to get money and/or your personal details from you for their own gain. Be on the lookout for any of the following that suggest that the contact may not be legitimate. To assist you, we're providing some tips to help you avoid falling victim to a cruise ship job scam.
Identify a Cruise Ship Job Scam:
1. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. How quickly you get a cruise job depends on current available positions, an interview, an offer of employment, and how long it takes you to process the necessary documents.
2. Legitimate cruise recruitment agencies do not solicit money from applicants. This is one of the biggest rules of thumb to understand if the agency is a scammer or not.
3. Legitimate cruise recruiters do not send emails offering a job before an application is filled out. We, or our partners on our behalf, will contact you once your online application has been reviewed and/or we received your resume which is of interest to us.
4. Cruise applicants do not need an immigration lawyer or a Green Card. Read Passports and Visas for Cruise Employment for more information on what is required. Scammers may give the applicant a phony “employment contract” or “letter of employment”.
5. www.oceancasinojobs.com is our only website for onboard employment with Global Casino Operations. Websites of cruise ship job scams are unprofessional and may be poorly presented. The below are all red flags that something is wrong:
6. Understand which email accounts may be fraudulent. You don't want to send your resume and personal information through an email account used by a scammer.
7. Get familiar with the cruise lines' official hiring partners – you can find our legitimate recruitment and manning agencies at Our Business Buddies. Many fraudulent cruise job scammers use a name or email address that is similar to the cruise line/s. They even use the names of agencies that are similar to the real hiring partners.
The bottom line is this:
And, only send your resume and personal information through our secure online application at: